Thursday, April 26, 2007

the gauntlet is tossed

Crazy! Corti is refusing to stock any more wine that has higher than 14.5 percent alcohol. That is a bold move and I can't see anyone else following his lead, but I appreciate it.

In another bold move, Askjoey told someone off bigtime in this week's column. I love it!

This is unrelated, but I think it's so rad that Calvin always comes to Sac on every tour. You can't say that for many midsized artists. There are quite a few indie performers that have good shows here and then they get a teeny bit bigger and start bypassing us. Of course, there are quite a few that have crappy shows in sac the first time and never come back. I'll be happy to go see Calvin with a band as long as that Tender Forever chick isn't playing tambourine.

Everybody knows that chkchkchk is playing monday, right? Wow their website looks really good. The animation on their myspace is also quite amusing. Check that tour schedule. That's insane.

8 comments:

archbishop said...

As much as I love AskJoey (and I got giddy when she'd buy tickets at Tower), I can never make it through any of her answers.

I've been reading that column for the last 87 years, and it's my favorite thing about SNR, too!

One day, I hoe to make it through an answer.

Anonymous said...

what is the Fools Foundation / K Records connection? they seems to represent a large percentage of the shows booked..

beckler said...

there is a secret underground tunnel from olympia straight into fools, a la hogans heroes.

smitty, it's true, i often don't make it through her answers, but i still love her. some of that comes from seeing her out and about and being able to almost see the good vibes shooting out of her.

wburg said...

!!! on Monday? Say, the Z'ev show at Fools is the same day, isn't it?

Cody said...

Speaking of tunnels, they want to build one between Russia and Alaska. That's just crazy.

Anonymous said...

Crazy convenient!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know K Records toured in the Bering Sea region that much... seems like a lot of work.

Anonymous said...

Under the article about Corti's ban on 14.5 percent wine, there is story of a new winery downtown. How about that? maybe we can get some 14.5% wine there eh?