Monday, April 02, 2007

a load of tripe



Yeah! I've entered the digital age. It's a whole new world. Here is the tripe first course that was a special at the Waterboy last thursday. I balked when I heard the word "tripe" but I trust Rick Mahan more than I trust most of my family members, so I figured I was in good hands. It was scrumptious! Rather than a big sickening sheet of tripe to attempt to saw away at while I gross out on the different layers of the stomach, there were small, delightfully tender pieces, interspersed with and soaking up the flavors of white beans and I think some chorizo? I can't remember exactly. The Waterboy really hit it out of the ballpark this last time. It's always good but this was a cut above. My entree was the rabbit bolognese, with handmade flat, ribbony pasta and it was also wonderful. And the service was the best in Sac, as usual. The only off note was that Darell Corti was there having his monthly wine dinner and he had like 25 corked bottles on his table with nary an offer to share a glass! The table next to use got like three half bottles. Rats.

No comments: