Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Album Review

Anybody have any Mike C. party/afterparty reviews? Monday night is not great for me so I ducked out by midnight (like Cinderella) when the crap-lousy bands were still playing. But Lisa was playing good songs earlier, so maybe people danced?

OK, so the Four Eyes have a new album on Plan-it X and you need to buy it right now. I don't know where you can buy it. I stole a copy from my roomates room but I don't recommend you try that because I keep a loaded magnum under my pillow and if you break in and spook me I can't guarantee that I won't accidentally shoot you. Here's my review of the album: A-. It would be an A+ except they forgot to put The Oldest Dude in the World on it. The Oldest Dude contains the lyrics, "It's just like a dream, like Scott Miller's dream" which really cracks me up because I happen to have some insiders knowledge that this song was based on Scott's dream of the Four Eyes singing a song about an old dude. Also, I have heard from a source that "Hat Nerd" was based on Dillon telling them that they would know they're washed up as a band when they write a song about a nerd wearing a hat. And, the song "57 Chevy" was penned after Charles remarked that it would be funny if the Four Eyes had a song in which they ended the verse with Joel singing, in a low voice "a 57 Chevy". I want to think of something funny for them to write a song about!!! Write a song about my blog! I actually just want them to cover the Sopranos theme song. Wow, I'm rambling. Anyway, the CD also has parts 1-6 of the Ben Casey saga, which I love. It even has a doo-wop song with a saw part. The doo-wop harmonizing is so perfect that people were speculating that they used a pitch shifter to achieve the effect, but it's actually just Joel singing bass. That cements it, he's a genius. A mad genius.

Also, and did I already blog this? Get the Bright Ideas 45. The song "Stay Down" is a perfect pop germ. Oops, gem. It's probably at Tonevendor.

***special note to DB-Fatso came INSIDE just for the purpose of taking a big stinky crap. What's wrong with that cat?

3 comments:

DB said...

That's the only reason I come inside.

Anonymous said...

Whatever turns you on DB...I just hope you're using protection.

Brew

Anonymous said...

yes after crap bands played, many danced then that was followed by a very lively and long round of applause for the loved mike c.