Friday, June 03, 2005

I'm the Martha Stewart that's totally Jewish*

Can't muster up a good post. Sorry. I'm boring now. My social life will be severely curtailed for the next few weeks, probably. I'm on house arrest for a little frottage incident. I'm lying because that's more exciting than the real reason. All the blogs got the jump on me today. Maya already talked about the Out Hud show. If you love Out Hud and you want to see a show that has a chance to be better than the one on sunday (and if you are a 9 to 5er a sunday night show isn't the best), I would go to the one in Oakland at LoBot on saturday. That's the one I was going to go to until the judge ordered me to wear this electronic anklet. Leon already blogged about the Claire Records article in the News and Review.

Charles is having a yard sale on saturday morning. He lives on the corner of 2nd ave and 19th st. (is it called Freeport at that point?)

To anybody that reads this in New York (Josh?), if I were there this weekend I would go see the new Werner Herzog doc. , "White Diamond". It's about a guy that flies old-timey airships over the Amazon. So if that floats your dirigible, check it out.

Tower finally opened a couple of good new movies today, so tonight I'll probably see either "Layer Cake" or "Mad Hot Ballroom". I really want to see "Palindromes" but the judge ordered me to stay away from the Crest, so I can't.

If anyone knows about any other crap going on, I'd like to hear about it.

*to explain the dumb post title, it's a combo of a Jay-Z lyric and a weak joke about Martha Stewart cuz of her house arrest thing. Painstakingly explaining jokes makes them funnier!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, Sorry to use your email as craigslist, but we have two tickets to the Rivercats game tonight to give away. If anyone wants them, email us at dekokspam@yahoo.com

Thanks,
anna and erik

beckler said...

Hi Anna and Erik!

beckler said...

I told you, I was convicted of frottage in the first degree.

Anonymous said...

Explain it in simpiler terms. I lost you at 'told'.

Josh said...

I'd like to bring up that I think that "The Rivercats" is my favorite team name ever. I just like the idea of some nasty alley cat living down by the river as a team mascot.

Also, thanks for the info about the movie. I will check out. Maybe tonight.

beckler said...

frot·tage ( P ) Pronunciation Key (frô-täzh)
n.
The act of rubbing against the body of another person, as in a crowd, to attain sexual gratification.

The Rivercats mascot is named Dinger and I love him. When the Rivercats score a "rowr rowr" noise comes over the speakers.

Josh said...

http://www.futureangels.com/images/gallery00/06/000611_507407_08.jpg

DINGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Is the house arrest for rubbing true? if so, tell more of the story or give me a link to it.

lamewad