Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Poinsettia review

So almost all my regular blog-checkers and commenters are on tour or vacation right now. Can the rest of you meet the challenge? Heard it was a boring week and weekend in Sac, which is understandable with so many people out of town. Poinsettia was really fun. Have you heard of this ghost town? It's the hottest ghost town around. Here's a website with pictures. I stayed in Cabin 2, which was the nicest. I shared this cabin with Jenny, Grace and a large desert rat. The rat and I had a close encounter and it was fun to run out of the cabin screaming, "desert rat!". I also saw what I am pretty sure was a rattlesnake, but I was drunk so I can't swear to it. It was also fun to scramble down the hill shouting "snake!". Wilson strapped a propane tank to a canister of gasoline, taped flares to that and then scrambled up the hill and shot it with a rifle. I think he got the idea from an episode of Martha Stewart or something. It exploded and almost lit the desert on fire. Science fact: it's hard to light the desert on fire. It was very fun to drink and drive. It's a taboo, which makes it exciting. Like twincest. I haven't looked in the mirror much lately (I try to avoid shiny surfaces), but when I glanced in it today I was dismayed to find that I have a weird uneven sunburn. More fun science facts: the sun is real hot in the desert. Basically the whole desert is designed to kill you. God designed cities to shelter you and keep you safe, so it's best to stay within their borders. I assembled a primitive computer and modem out of sticks and rocks and snakeskin, but I was only able to play Oregon Trail so I couldn't blog. I ate a lot but didn't poop at all because I refuse to poo in a hole like an animal. Well, there was an outhouse but it stank. Fun science fact: if a lot of food goes in and nothing comes out, a stomach ache is in your future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My skin is charred, but has a kind of healthy golden glow it hasn't had in years. I'm sure it will all fall off in a day or two. I really liked it when Grace was about to shoot the pistol and was saying "I want a living target!" and trying to get us to shoot doves for food. Let's go back and just stay out there forever. Except that means you can't ever poop again.... It's ok, we'll have Dave make some kind of thing where you can poop into water, like humans, not into a hole? How does that sound?

Dirty Dirterton

beckler said...

The mental image of all your skin falling off at the same time and leaving behind an Ella snakeskin thing in your silhouette is funny. And scary. I failed to mention your delicious snacks but the five pounds I gained bids you a hearty "thank you".

Anonymous said...

Hopefully your lip layer won't fall off. My Reno 911 tan line is pretty sweet and sexy, like red stockings. If only I had tanned to create garter belts as well. Oh well. Next time. Thanks E for kicking in the hard sell and getting us to go. I had the best time!
Brew

Anonymous said...

I am wearing a great set of fire gloves right now. Bright red hands with a white undercarraige. Thanks for teaching me the proper spelling of cro-magnon. Two firewalkers I'll refer to as Desert Shaver and Fancy Camper half convinced me it was cro-magon. Poinsettia has given me a deep yearning to move to Norway and begin training as a Biathelete. I might not make Torino in 2006 but keep an eye out for Vancouver 2010. 2010, can you believe it's almost 2010?