Friday, January 13, 2006

Aquarium ensemble show?

Any progress on that show for Ursula? I know a mansion that would be an excellent place for it but it's really not fair that the occupant has to host every single local event. He always has to step up, it's time that someone else does.

I followed my own advice and checked out Time Bandits (920 12th st.) the other day. They are having a big moving sale and this saturday they are open until 10:30 for 2nd saturday and will have their basement open for fixer-upper type deals. I'm in with the owners so they took me down to the basement and I got an awesome set of four matched dining room chairs that need some work for fifteen bucks! They're 50s era and so rad! And the dudes are cutting a piece of plywood free of charge for me so that I can fix one of the seats and they gave me advice on refinishing them. These guys rule. So if you like 50/60s modern stuff go there soon. In two weeks they are moving to 36th and Broadway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard Ursula's band on KDVS and they are awesome. If someone can manage to make last minute show plans happen I am in full support. If I had a larger house I would offer.RM

lisa_emily said...

I saw FTE in a cafe in Oakland- pure serendipity. I didn't know who they were or what they were about.
They were amazing, I never thought a saw could be played so beautifully, my friend was moved to tears. I really hope they get a gig up there.

Anonymous said...

Nope. No luck getting FTE a show in Sacramento. But they did get to play a guerilla show Saturday night... they took over the Flame Club. -ez