Monday, January 09, 2006

King's Palace?

Has anybody been to King's Palace on Stockton? The chowhound board is talking about it and it sounds intriguing. I guess they specialize in seafood. Here's what the Bee says:

King Palace - Chinese5829 Stockton Blvd., (916) 456-8888: Fresh seafood is the specialty. Crab, Maine and Pacific lobsters, fish, prawns, clams, oysters, scallops and squid can be prepared in a number of Asian styles. ****/$-$$ - A.P.

The sacrag got a taste of heckasac style controversy when one of their writers posted a review dissing both Daisy Spot and I can't believe it's not comedy. Glad to see someone else catching some shit for a change.

There are two good shows this week. Lyme Regis tomorrow in Davis at the G street pub with the Giant Haystacks and Hard Skin. Show starts at nine, I think the Rege plays in the middle.

Wednesday is Megacools and Four Eyes and Secretions at Old I.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alkalai Flats are also playing someplace in Davis on Friday with some Japanese guy who does a killer Jimmy Rogers, railroad hat and all. I'll add details when I get off my ass and find the info.
Ed

Anonymous said...

The Flats and Toshio Hirano at the Delta of Venus 8:30 on Friday. http://toshiohirano.com/
Hirano is a Japanese guy who sounds 'zactly like Jimmie Rodgers, who is like 3000% cooler than Jimmie Rogers.
Gbomb

Anonymous said...

Let me contemplate a world that never had Jimmie Rogers. No Hank, Haggard, Willie, Waylon, Grand Ole Opry, Elvis...probably no Bob Dylan or Johnny Cash, CERTAINLY no Toshio Hirano. I guess it's fair to say that Jimmie Rogers is 3000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% cooler than anyone except Jim Traficant.

Ed

Anonymous said...

Man, my subtle joke didn't work due to mispelling. I was trying to say Jimmy Rogers ( http://www.mesh5.com/tension/summer97/images/rogers.jpg ) is not as cool as Jimmie Rodgers ( http://www.aftermathww1.co.uk/pix2003/jimmierodgers.jpg )

See, it was hilarious, but once again, I was foiled by misspelling.

Gbomb

Anonymous said...

Regarding the heckasac thing:
Can you believe she asked if Mike Farrel could get his money back from his guitar teacher? Wow! That's a pretty big foot in mouth there.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, speaking of foot in mouth, I meant of course, regarding the sacrag thing.