Friday, January 13, 2006

jazz and pizazz



I noticed this lady earlier on the sacbee.com site and I almost mentioned this picture, but then when I saw the paper copy and the ginormous full-color photo of her on the front page I had to say something. This lady has pizazz to spare. Medicare Part D has screwed her but they can't keep her from wearing a sparkly tank top. She's rad. This is the quote from her:

She said she survived the first week of January without needed medications because of the beleaguered program and was able to get the prescriptions filled this week only after hours on the phone.

"I had to make a bunch of calls. I was on the phone for three hours on Monday. I was sweating it all weekend," she said. "They screwed us over."

Here't the article

7 comments:

Alice said...

is that her nipple showing on the right boob? or am i just imagining it?

beckler said...

here's the headline: sacbee caught in nipslip brouhaha

Anonymous said...

I've seen this woman buying liquor and lotto tickets at the A&P on the corner of 21st and K. She is always dressed in the most awesome, sparkly attire.

Anonymous said...

This photograph copyrighted Sacramento Bee material and is being used without permission. Please remove immediately. Eblogger has also bee notified of the violation of copyright law.

beckler said...

Dude, you're a dick. I was saying it's a rad picture. I'm not making any money off of it!

Anonymous said...

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:OVzwkJEpGs0J:www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/14068376p-14899120c.html+I+had+to+make+a+bunch+of+calls.+I+was+on+the+phone+for+three+hours+on+Monday.+I+was+sweating+it+all+weekend+sacramento+bee&hl=en ----That's the google cache of the Bee article. And, why yes, that is her aereola on display right there in the pages of the Bee. Thanks Google.

Anonymous said...

Casey is gutless and full of crap. As long as Online content is not pay-to-view, and you are giving proper credit to the source - there is no way the Sukbee or any other media entity can make you remove ANYTHING from your blog. The photo was posted on their site which is free to all to read and so your reposting of a photo is not breaking the law. As long as you are not selling it or selling view of it. A threat to sue a blogger is outrageous. Especially if you are posting a link to the source. I say repost it and see what they do about it. What are they going to do? Sue? They are just embarrassed about the content. Threats on Bloggers should not be tolerated at all.