Thursday, December 01, 2005

bbq place in the burbs

read the post on chowhound

What do you guys think about the state of bbq downtown? I guess I like to think about eating bbq more than I really like eating it, because I rarely go to bbq restaurants. I guess I like to pretend the restaurant food I eat is healthier than that, so I feel guilty when I go. Anyways, what's your favorite? Sandra Dee's was really good last time I went. I still want to try the ribs at Everett and Jones, but it's so far out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

L&L's Hawaiian bbq ain't so good. I ate there yesterday with Mike R Mike.

Anonymous said...

Sandra Dee's is pretty good, but you really do have to venture out of downtown for some decent 'que.

For ribs, Joshua's Ribs on Stockton Blvd. makes a pretty good slab, but I think they cook 'em a little too fast and that makes them on the chewy side. (Opitmum BBQ cooking temp is 225 degrees, and the guy at Joshua's told me that he usually cooks around 300-350 degrees).

I think Everett & Jones does a good rib, and I hear their homemade hot links are the bomb diggity. The brisket is just so-so. The brisket is really good at JR's (off 47th Ave.), better then their ribs IMHO.

Thumbs down to Texas West BBQ on Fulton and Barbary Coast Savannah on 20th St. (is it even open anymore?)

Remember: BBQ means smoke and fire, not sauce!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, TX West ain't that good, but we have gone there occasionally due its proximity. I have found the best BBQ out here is in my backyard.