Thursday, March 31, 2005

caffeine attack

I am so excited that the comments have taken off in the last week or so. I hope that continues. I am excited about every fucking thing in the world right now because I drank two cups of Peet's and topped it off with a soda. I feel like my whole body is vibrating. This is actually rather unpleasant. I just heard an ominous rumbling in my bowels.

So, I am on a work trip until next tuesday. There may be no posts until then (unless Miller wants to do it), but I may be able to check my email, and, inspired by Heather, I have already emailed my interview questions to the next subject that I have in mind. Hopefully I will be able to post that over the weekend.

In case you were wondering, there is no Knock Knock show tonight (bummer). The listing on the undie list is wrong wrong wrong.

Oh yeah, the new SN&R contains a coupla letters regarding C.K.'s thing last week about why critics do what they do. Both seem to agree that bands should stop whining (or "whinging" as they would say in the comments on Dave Smiths blog). There is also a feature about the Ariel Pink show next thursday. I will most likely go to this but I haven't heard him yet except for one downloaded song that did nothing for me. But listening to stuff on my computer speakers at work is no test for whether I like it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I was looking forward to some unambitious, go-nowhere Knock Knock rock tonight. SNR lists them as playing too. What is the cause of this great confusion?!?

miller

Josh said...

What the fuck is up with "whinging"? Is that an alternate spelling or what?

Anonymous said...

Definitions stolen from the internet:

...."whinging"--which refers to the practice of complaining without doing anything about it.

"To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner."

Completely synonomous with whining yet somehow it conjures up a facial expression too. I'm all for it since I hate how 'whining' has become this sort of macho dis.

Mouse: "Excuse me sir, your Hummer's on my foot"

Man: "Quit Whiiining!"

Chorus: Haw Haw!

It can be the new 'bitter'.

"Hey libs quit whining cuz Bush won and your loosers. flip flop flip flop. LOL!"

Quote courtesy of too much craigslist.

miller

Josh said...

Is it pronounced the same as "whining"?

Alice said...

'whinging' is a brit word. totally legit amongst their crowd.

Ash said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.