Thursday, March 03, 2005

china up, u.s. down

I find it hilarious that in response to a U.S. report on their human rights abuses, China has turned around and issued a report on the U.S. human rights abuses, including the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. Snap!

Erase Errata is playing at fuck fridays this friday if you're into that.

Did anyone see Allen Maxwell on the news last night? He said he got interviewed about Arnie and I was curious to see if it made the cut.

The Bee has an article on the revitalization of the R st. corridor: http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/12500837p-13356412c.html

I guess it's not realistic for me to wish that civic leaders would just view the abandoned Crystal Ice factory as picturesque and a good canvas for local graffiti artists (who actually put up some cool tags on there occasionally).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this whole article & the only thing I've really learned is that the Orchard Supply is gonna be a La Bou "commissary" (?) and - believe it or not - a coffee roasting place! Finally - coffee comes to downtown! Is it gonna be on par with those fantastic La Bou roasts?! I swear, any time revitalization of an area in Sac is discussed, all that ever gets thrown around is lofts & coffee. Ooooh, I can't wait to put on a comfy sweater, get some coffee & a baguette, & stroll around the chain stores of new bohemia.

miller

beckler said...

Don't you mean a comfy J.Crew sweater? Man, it sux how you have to have a membership to comment. My settings for the blog claim that anyone should be able to comment.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure? I just write something & then click 'anonymous' (which makes the user name & password fields disappear) & it lets me post. I never sign in or anything.

miller

Anonymous said...

Theres going to be an OSH downtown? Cool. I wonder if they'll have the annual hardware games/olympics like the one in the Cruz used to have. Luckily i'll now have a possible job to fall back on since i was a genius at taping price tags onto greasy bolts.
There is a cada 'for rent' building at R and 11th that i walk by and think "that place would probably make a good arcade/bands playing place." I hope it becomes a coffee shop or a cell phone store, since i can never find either of those.

ninjad

Anonymous said...

i don't think the erase errata show is happening... it's not on their website and not on a site i saw for fuck fridays. i tried to get confirmation one way or the other a couple weeks ago and heard nothing back. maybe you can get to the bottom of this and post the be all end all truth?

beckler said...

I will ask the all-knowing undie list and let you know.

Anonymous said...

no erase errata; no fuck friday at all this week, even, due to the club's leaky roof during the recent rain. apparently if you show up on friday they'll be giving out half-price drink tickets as an apology.