Thursday, March 03, 2005

News and Review still loves the true love

This article on the family that owns Andy Nguyen's in the News and Review almost made me cry: http://www.newsreview.com/issues/sacto/2005-03-03/eat.asp
I might even go there tonight.

Also the 15 minutes section in the back profiles that guy who is always sculpting in his parking garage booth at the Downtown Plaza: http://www.newsreview.com/issues/sacto/2005-03-03/fifteen.asp
I love that guy. Once he was sculpting an aardvark.

So these articles were great. However, their music articles blew as usual, there was no little item on the Erase Errata show (this band is not my particular cup of tea but I think they are popular enough to warrant a little blurb), ditto for the Hella show, and there was a big feature on that weird Bodytribe gym which I believe to be a sort of hangout for the ex-True Love crew (correct me if I'm wrong), which would explain why it got written.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the re-opening night (at andy's) made me cry.

Nico Nguyen

Anonymous said...

So it isn't illegal to open a vegetarian restaurant downtown. I was beginning to wonder..

miller