Tuesday, March 08, 2005

foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfood

God! Another post about food. Grace and I were contemplating how obsessed we are with food and she pointed out that it exactly coincides with working full time. When I was a student I was either studying, hence not thinking about food (can you use hence like this? who knows), or I was doing something fun, like reading or watching a movie. Now for about 8 hours I do something that is occasionally very absorbing mentally, but often not, or at least leaves me enough attention to be thinking about other stuff. "Other stuff" being mostly food. I am tired of thinking about food. It's great and all, but give it a rest, hypothalamus! I think that's the part that controls hunger, I'm not even sure although there's a giant book sitting right next to me that would answer that question.

Which leads me to my post: Tonight, I'm eating at the Waterboy (for a certain special Slav's birthday), so I can post a review tomorrow and the very exciting news I just discovered is that Sandra Dee's has a fried chicken special on thursday. As I said, this item was the only thing missing from their menu, so I'll have to go back on a thursday.

Now I'm going to try very hard to think about something not food related for the next 30 minutes before I leave. Like that ice-cold Staropramn beer that's waiting in my fridge for me to get home. I can almost hear it whispering sweet nothings to me in Czech.

No comments: