Wednesday, March 23, 2005

To be continued.....

I went to the King's game last night. It was really fun. This is the second game I've been to, but the first where I've had seats in the lower level and it really makes a difference. I don't have very good "sports eyes" (meaning I can't usually follow what's going on), so watching it from the upper deck was more like watching it on TV and I kept spacing out.

The Kings kicked ass on the trailblazers. I developed a game-length crush on Trailblazers player Joel Przybilla, and D.P. and I argued about his ethnicity after the game, but when I looked him up today, not only could I not find out his ethnicity, I saw a close-up photo and my crush faded. He seemed like kind of a baby, anyway, he threw a couple of mini-tantrums during the game.

To start at the beginning, D.B. had some sort of extra special parking pass that seemed to promise that there would be a special lot just for us and we would be whisked past the lines of traffic. Instead, we drove around and around the arena fruitlessly searching for the lot in the utter chaos that is the Arco Arena parking lot. It was seriously like driving in Tijuana, which I've done, so I know what I'm talking about. Of course there were some jokes cracked about how the lack of signage is just another indication that we need a new arena and that the Maloofs investigated it and found that the current signage absolutely can't be fixed.

We finally found the spot and D.P. and I headed (shit I keep getting busted on the net but I have to write this-see how much I risk for my faithful readers? God I have had so much Peet's coffee I feel like I just did a line) straight to the concession stand for King dogs. This was my dinner, so I thought the big dog would do the trick. This dog was about two inches more more dog than I wanted. I'm a six inch dog kind of girl. The game started, lots of action occurred, none of which I can relate because I tend to forget sports stuff, but it was exciting at the time.

This sucks! I have to go work but I'll continue the post later.

No comments: