Monday, March 20, 2006

Fargo gloats

I'm busy and I shouldn't really take the time to post, but this article from the Bee yesterday was so maddening I had to mention it. The mayor is gloating about how much money they're going to be giving away for various doomed projects. How about money for small projects? How about helping SMALL local business. Right now on my street, on the stretch of T between 11th and 12th, Mom Guess What has either gone out of business or moved, and so did a small market, so what about the urban blight on my street? How about a grant for some small business owner or artist or something there? What about a grant for the Kabinet?! Where's the money for this stuff? You could do countless small projects with that same money or like 2 giant handouts to developers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather Fargo hates poor people.

gbomb