Wednesday, March 08, 2006

who eats armadilloes?!

The giant Chinese buffet has opened right near Tower. The Armeniac has eaten there but I forgot to ask him about it. I hate buffets but in the interests of investigative journalism I will try to eat there soon.

A coworker was talking to the owners of Vientianne and found out about a Lao market called South Area Market on fruitridge that I want to check out in my relentless pursuit of yuppie delicacies. He also said that he went to SF market and that they had whole oxtails and, get this, whole armadilloes on ice. That is blowing my mind.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's gonna sound really refreshing in the summer! The new Sac treat?

miller

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm.... Armadillos.

Mmmm.... leprosy.

Armadillos carry leprosy

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm.... Homo sapiens.

Mmmm.... leprosy.

Homo sapiens carry leprosy


--lucky the leperchaun

Anonymous said...

I'm totally up for driving down there and buying an armadillo. If I can't get Skipper to cook it, who wants to? I've never eaten one.

Anonymous said...

I saw an armadillo a few years ago and almost bought it, but they're like $12.00 a pound. And I'm assuming that a 'dillo is at least as heavy as my cat- Sooo... 200 bucks for BBQ. But if somebody else buys it, I'll cook it.http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/262/Texas_Armadillo35982.shtml Other freak foods- Calvin Schwabe's Unmentionable Cuisine and the Deep End Dining blog are always good for inspiration....