Monday, March 13, 2006

Stagecoach review

I've mentioned the Stagecoach before but I wanted to give it a full review because it is surely worth it. The Stagecoach is open 7 days a week from early morning until 3pm. It has a western theme inside, similar to Trails but nicer. This place is homey as hell. Everyone there acts like family, patrons and workers, and the decor is given the personal touch with family photos and hand-drawn John Wayne pictures. The story of the family that opened it is on the voluminous menu. The menu is diner food crossed with southern soul food. There are tons of daily specials and homemade soups every day. I don't go there as often as I would probably like and I always order the same thing-club sandwich with fries. I know, that's boring but the sandwich is so fucking good! Scott will back me up that it's the best club sandwich in town. It comes with fries (great fries) and an iceberg salad drowning in blue cheese for 7.75. Smiller got the breakfast of breaded, fried trout (you could choose from two types of breadings), three eggs, home fries, and toast. I tried the trout and it was really good and the tartar sauce was a standout. I'll warn you, this place is packed on sundays with a post-church crowd, although the staff is smiling and efficient so that's not really a problem. This place rules, basically! Although I blame it for packing on a couple of pounds this weekend. Or could it have been the dim sum breakfast? Or the cookie bake-off. Hard to say.

Oh yeah, I dont' know why, but there's another stagecoach in Elk Grove. Heckamax, you should try it!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the club sandwich that all other club sandwiches must be judged by! I already want to go back.

miller

Alice said...

i went to the link and on the same page as the map to the stagecoach and there was a link right beneath it advertising $100 for sacramento's best blow job. does that happen in and around the stagecoach vicinity? just curious.

DB said...

Stagecoach fucking rules! Chicken-fried chicken...redundantly delicious.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so if you click on the Stagecoach link in the text the first thing that pops up on the google search after the restaurant information is the "Sacramento Best Blow Job Contest/Win $100/ Today!!" hosted by the Sacramento Zone who is apparently our number one resource for the best sex and dining in town.

Who knew?
Liv

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and clicking the link isn't exactly work-friendly!

miller

Anonymous said...

Fried grits, Country boy breakfast, my favorite waiter their, told me I should not try the one in elk grove.

Chicken fried chicken, friday fish fry...

Beer in mason jars,
Stagecoach rocks.

Anonymous said...

nice "R" than trails./ i'm calling for a boycot. trails is the definition of nice. stagecoach doesn't even have a neon sign. you hipsters and your over-priced food
bo he mi an f o o d. i got locked in the bathroom of trails for 29 min. as a child and never complained; because it was nice... try that at stagecoach!

ha ha homzee

beckler said...

wha? beer in mason jars? does trails have that? i think not. of course I don't want to restart this ugly trails vs. stagecoach feud. remember how many people died over this back in '84? it was ugly. the employees of both restaurants had to come together and record a novelty rap single to end it. i think it was called "we both bleed gravy".

Anonymous said...

Chicken fried hummers ala carte?

Trails doesn't serve beer in mason jars.

I b'lieve I'll have to check out stagecoach, padna.

Ed

werenotdeep said...

I've never been to that place, but I know of the one in Elk Grove. Friday's my last day working here before I go to my new job in Folsom, so maybe I'll go there for lunch on Friday! How come I never knew Heckamax worked down here too? Max: Friday? 11-noon? Lunch?

werenotdeep said...

Okay, maybe not. I just read that post about the waiter giving it a no-nod. Never mind!

I want to do something kinda special on my last day, though...hm...I think I'll go to TACO BELL!

Anonymous said...

Where do you work mr. werenot?

I don't know where this stagecoach is. Students are telling me they heard of it but don't know where it is.

-hecka

Anonymous said...

Stagecoach Restaurant - 6.2 miles S - 4365 Florin Rd, Sacramento, 95823 - (916) 422-9296

Stagecoach Restaurant - 14 miles SE - 8713 Elk Grove Blvd, Elk Grove, 95624 - (916) 685-7803

Anonymous said...

my dad used to take me to stagecoach in elk grove for breakfast when i was a kid. i rememeber it being the best thing ever, but that was a while ago...

-cooter

werenotdeep said...

I work in the Coldwell Banker building (but not for Coldwell Banker) off Laguna drive right by 99 and Laguna. You know where the Chevron/Mimi's Cafe/Bev Mo/Home Depot is? In that area.

And you can call me Chris on here. I'm not sure whether you aware that werenotdeep was me, but my true identity is not meant to be a secret.