Monday, March 27, 2006

the fighting mitten crabs

The UC Davis network got hacked or something so I haven't had internet access all day. This is a hardship I can bore my grandchildren with...I remember the time, back before the internet was hard-wired into our brains, when I once didn't have the internet for five straight hours, kids.

Someone got killed on 4th and U this weekend. A little too close for comfort.

Some indie hipster got her question printed in what's up with that this week. Can 58 people really have come up independently with that nonsensical name? I smell a conspiracy.

Did you guys know you can take the bike trail right to Thrift Town in Del Paso Heights? Actually, according to the signs on the bike trail it is in a neighborhood called "noralco" which I have never heard of. This officially makes it the only good thrift store that you can pleasantly bike too (and yes, I am unincluding the salvation army on 16th, I said a GOOD thrift store). Deseret on Auburn is off the hood right now with ladies fashions (I meant to say off the hook but I'll leave it because it looks like I invented some new slang) . Or maybe I just dress like an old Mormon lady from the 80's. But it has TONS of vintage button-up shirts.

I went to a party this weekend. I haven't printed a party review in a while. That reminds me I need to do an interview soon, too. Party review:

Tibbs the cat was the stand out element that put this party over the top. He french kissed me in a way that I might not have allowed if my inhibitions hadn't been lowered by the wine, and he let me scratch in between his toes. Olsen and Biz and I discussed the comics, including the glacial pace of Mark Trail. Will the evil developers build that road through the pristine forest? Tune in from now until next summer and you may find out. Then I hit the intoxication level where I am not good to talk to at all but luckily Tibbs was there for me. Around one I was all like "I'm out" and everyone was all like "lates". Good party. There have now been parties in Sac two weekends in a row. Someone should have another one this weekend!

It sounds like the Whysp show at Fool's last night was great but I crapped out too early to go. I also missed the festivites at the Kabinet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anybody interested in posting your own reviews of restaurants, bars, services, and local attractions in a hot new public forum??? Check out www.yelp.com and create a profile. This is the hottest new web service in San Francisco for blogging and reviewing anything under the sun, but be careful, cuz its severely addictive!!! :)

Anonymous said...

The Baby Kissers?

charles

Stephen Glass said...

Hey, what's with Heyamoto wanting the ages? And 31? Jeez, you're just a kid. At least by the standards of Heyamoto's demo.
58 River Cats suggestions? Hell, at least they didn't go with MY idea for a team name.
I have no punchline; just insert your own ridiculous non-marketable nickname therin and let the amusement flow freely. Or not.
Is Noralco near Gardenland?

Anonymous said...

Wow, we have our first Tibbs fan. Me, I'm a Tinker. All the way.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Tibbs was in rare form on Saturday night. After the make-out sesh, he started air-drumming and air-bongo-ing to the Beach Boys. I didn't even know cats could air-kick-drum! Then I think he got partied out and called the landlords on us - who else would do that at 3am? Only Tibbs.
-Summer

Unknown said...

i want to know what's wrong with the name "the Mitten Crabs".

Anonymous said...

Tibbs also guided me home - there's no other explanation of how I got there.

miller