Tuesday, March 07, 2006

recipe

Pressing on because I have been rudely forced off my microscope and have some down time, I will post that recipe that I made up yesterday. I served it as a kind of salad on the side of some chicken tacos I made, or it could go on top. It's really good.

-Get two ears of fresh white (or yellow, if that's all there is) corn.
-Melt some butter on medium heat and cut the corn off into the pan, cutting yourself in the process because your sister gave you sharp knives which you constantly cut yourself with after a lifetime of using dull knives, which reminds me of that part in Popeye where Olive Oil (Shelley Duvall-come on shouldn't the presenters of that honarary Oscar to Altman been Elliot Gould and Shelley Duvall rather than Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin and by the way what was up with Altman's comment about having a heart transplant? Is that true?) is complaining about there never being a sharp knife in the house. Wrap the cut in toilet paper and try not to bleed into the pan.
-Throw half or a quarter of a diced habanero into the pan along with salt and pepper to taste
-saute briefly
-throw the corn into a bowl with some thinly sliced radishes and chopped cilantro. Squeeze one or two limes over the top. This tastes great.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the last step is to somehow touch your eyeball.

miller

Anonymous said...

Eat while wearing an ironic t-shirt.

gbomb

Alice said...

guphy,

the snot nearly came out of my nose from laughing at your last post.

Anonymous said...

I showed up to heckle Shelley Duvall, but she hid from me, and William H Macy kept stalking me. He's hard to get away from.

http://tinyurl.com/lvzq8

And laughing at how dumb it is:

http://tinyurl.com/rhbqn

I don't even watch the Oscars on tv. I've got no interest in that stuff since Terri Garr or Mr T weren't going to be there. It wasn't as awe-inspiring as meeting Joey Ramone and having him say, "Pleased to meet you". Even though "Pleased to meet you" is more of a Replacements thing to say.

Oh yeah, the high point was, Gary Busey was there. I figured they wouldn't let that crackpot in.

Anonymous said...

Smitty, PLEASE TELL ME HOW/WHY YOU WERE AT THE OSCARS?!!! It is a dream of mine to attend the Oscars.

Anna

Stephen Glass said...

Thank God you're back. I nearly became an embedded copy editor with the Merhcant Marine, which wasn't going to ultimately shake down in anyone's favor.
Yep, looks like the whole heart transplant thing of Altman's was the scout's honor truth. I knew he was going to say something unexpected. But what do I really know?

beckler said...

Why are you up so late, Stephen? Busy fabricating more stories? That is so crazy about the heart implant!! We were all laughing because DB was saying what a bastard Altman is known to be and we all thought that he was going to thank the heart donor or her family but instead he was like "i'm gonna live forever, suckers!"

Stephen Glass said...

Oh, 3 a.m.'s pretty early for me. And I'm up late because fabrication works in shifts at dailies: Someone comes in early and tells out an outright lie, then someone else polishes it a bit, then another person strecthes credibility further, and finally someone makes sure it's bereft of any truth whatever. Then we all get drunk across the street.
Yeah, Altman's not big on thanking people for vital organs. He's prolly still bummed that he couldn't have gotten a heart that was ripped from Robert Evans' still-living body...